Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 5 of 52 - February 2010

This week's theme is - don't toy with Mother Nature!
This project started last summer with my hopes of reconstructing a pond on an 80 acre tract of land we own about 10 minutes from my home. It has included trying multiple dirt contractors, a weekend spent pumping the pond dry, contractors being tied up on other projects and most of all Mother Nature! Whenever I had someone available it would rain. Oh well, after growing up on a farm, I never complain about rain, eventually this would get done. Well I finally got a contractor lined up to start the project and the first two shots are of him getting started rebuilding the pond dam.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the next two shots are of the pond the very next day during a full whiteout blizzard! Mother Nature at her best!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Um...Gary? That looks like a pretty small pond! lol.

    Great, sharp shots! I can't wait to see the whole pond in its full glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...but I do see some water there, aw spring right around the corner. You will soon have your nice pond. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Gary. It is about time you take my snow. LOL We have had a pretty easy winter so far, at about 50 inches or so. That is WAY down from our normal of 120+. I hope that doesn't mean e are going to get a ton in Feb and Mar. Again, nice photos.

    ReplyDelete